Home > Insurance Policies > Manage Your Policy > How To Make a Payment / How To Pay My Bill

How to Make a Payment / How to Pay Your Bill

woman looking thoughtfully at earthquake insurance bill

Thank you for being a California Earthquake Authority policyholder!

You can conveniently work with your residential insurance company to purchase and manage your CEA earthquake insurance policy. They will process policy applications, renewals, bill payments, or claims.

Where do I pay my bill?

  • Make your CEA policy payment to the residential insurer that sold you your CEA policy. Your residential insurer handles all billing for your CEA policy.

What payment options are available?

  • The residential insurer that sold you your CEA policy decides what payment methods and schedules (including pay by credit card or monthly installments) are available to pay CEA policy premiums. Check with them to see what payment methods and installments they offer.

How can I access my bill?

  • The residential insurer that sold you your CEA policy decides how your bill is delivered to you. Please contact your insurance agent to learn more about what options are available to you.

Where do I review my policy and coverages?

  • Contact the residential insurer that sold you your CEA policy to find out how to review your earthquake policy details, or to make changes to your policy. They handle all policy changes on our behalf.

I want to choose an insurance company that offers specific options that work best for me. What do I need to know?

  • Contact the residential insurance companies you are considering, and find out what options they offer CEA policyholders.
  • Your CEA policy must be with the same insurance company as your residential insurance policy.
  • By law, CEA cannot offer stand-alone earthquake policies.

I’m not a CEA policyholder, but I’d like to be! Where do I fill out an application and make a payment?

  • If your home or renters insurance is with one of our participating residential insurers, simply contact them! They’ll give you a quote and discuss or review their billing options with you.
  • CEA policies are only sold by the residential insurers that sell and service our policies.
  • You need to have a residential policy with a CEA participating residential insurance company before applying for a CEA policy. CEA policies are sold together with your residential insurance policy.
  • You do not have to wait for the renewal of your residential policy to purchase a CEA policy. Simply contact your residential insurer at any time and ask them to add earthquake insurance!