USIM Facebook Pixel
Home > Insurance Policies > How to Buy

How to Buy a CEA Earthquake Insurance Policy

hand of an insurance agent holding a pen pointing at a CEA policy on a clipboardWant to know how to purchase a CEA earthquake insurance policy? It’s easy!

Contact your CEA participating residential insurer to buy CEA earthquake coverage. They also will process your CEA application, renewal, bill payment, or claim.

You may receive a letter from your insurance company offering you a CEA earthquake insurance policy. Since the 1980s, California law has mandated that insurance companies selling residential insurance also offer earthquake insurance. By law, your insurer is required to send a mandatory offer letter at least every two years if you do not yet have earthquake insurance. But don't worry if you happen to miss the due date shown in your mandatory offer letter! You can still purchase a CEA policy at any time, simply by contacting your residential insurer.  

You also don't have to wait until your residential policy renews in order to purchase a CEA policy. Protect your home before the next big earthquake strikes by contacting your residential insurer to add earthquake insurance.

Contact the CEA residential insurer you already know and trust to get earthquake coverage today!

Calculate Your Earthquake Insurance Premium