Sorry, your browser is not compatible with this website.

This website uses technology supported by Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Chrome, Safari, and Safari mobile. Open with the latest versions of our supported browsers below.

What browser do I have?

We Provide Earthquake Insurance for Californians

My house has been retrofitted. Do I still need coverage?

Yes. Retrofitting your house helps reduce your risk of earthquake damage, but does not eliminate it. Earthquake insurance is designed to help you repair or rebuild your home and replace your personal belongings. It also covers extra living expenses if you must leave your home and temporarily live elsewhere else after an earthquake. Some older, retrofitted houses can receive up to a 20 percent Hazard Reduction Discount on earthquake insurance if properly verified. Call your agent or CEA participating insurer for details.