Sorry, your browser is not compatible with this website.

This website uses technology supported by Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Chrome, Safari, and Safari mobile. Open with the latest versions of our supported browsers below.

What browser do I have?

We Provide Earthquake Insurance for Californians

If I have to move out of my property due to damages caused by an earthquake, how does CEA handle this?

  • If you purchased Loss of Use coverage, you are eligible for the additional living expenses necessary to maintain your normal standard of living, up to the coverage limit you selected.
  • If selected, Loss of Use coverage is offered in limits of $1,500, $10,000, $15,000, $25,000, $50,000, $75,000 and $100,000.
  • If you have a CEA Renters policy, rest easy. CEA will pay for your additional living expense, according to the policy terms, limits, and conditions, if you need to move out while your landlord makes repairs, or while you look for a new residence to move into. 
  • If you are a landlord and you have a CEA policy on the rental property, CEA will pay, in accordance with policy terms, limits, and conditions, the fair rental value for your rental property under the Loss of Use coverage.