We look forward to working with you!
California Earthquake Authority (CEA) welcomes the opportunity to work with you to help you sell earthquake insurance policies to California homeowners, mobilehome owners, condominium owners and renters.
Here are a few important things agents should know:
- CEA does not offer a stand-alone earthquake policy. So, double-check that your customers have a current home, mobilehome, fire, condo, or renters policy with a participating insurance company before offering a CEA policy. (Note: fire risks (tenant occupied properties) are written under CEA's standard Homeowners or Homeowners Choice policy.)
Benefits of selling CEA policies
Of course, the greatest benefit to selling CEA earthquake insurance is that you're helping to provide your customers with the financial resources they need to rebuild and recover after a damaging earthquake.
Selling CEA policies comes with other rewards, too:
- Increased customer trust: Your customers look to you for coverage advice. With our free agent training, you can become an earthquake policy expert, and be able to give your customers the answers they need to make informed decisions.
- Future business: Selling CEA policies will help increase your book of business. CEA customer retention averages more than 90 percent!
- Increased commission: If the insurance company you work with pays you commissions, there is potential to earn commission on each new and renewal policy.
- Continuing Education (CE) credits: CEA offers free in-person training, self-directed online training and instructor-led webinars. You earn two FREE CE credits upon course completion. Register for training today!
- Access to CEA's free Marketing Value Program (MVP): Free marketing and sales support to trained PI agents. Get sales tips and tools, and free postage-paid direct mail in your name to send to your customers.
CEA thanks all our PIs for processing CEA policy applications, policy renewals, invoices and payments, and for handling all CEA claims.
What else can we do for you?
For more information, please contact:
CEA Customer Service