Last Updated: March 12, 2014
What information we collect from you
Why we collect your information
How we protect and use your information
What Information Do We Collect?
When you access our website or communicate with us, we may collect and process certain Information about you and your communications with us, including:
Information we obtain from your use of our website, which is general usage information (often referred to as "non-personally identifiable" information). Examples are:
Domain and host that you use to access the Internet
Web browser that you use
Type of operating system that you use
Links that you use to arrive at, or connect to or from, our website
Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser information
Number and frequency of visits to our website and its pages
Other Information you voluntarily provide to us
Information you give us, which is personal information that we ask you for and that you intentionally provide to us. Examples are:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, billing, or other personal Information
- Housing information, such as the type, age, or other attributes of your residence, or your home insurance
- Other Information you voluntarily provide to us
How Do We Use Your Information?
We will use the Information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- Providing information regarding our Products and related services
- Responding to your requests for information about our Products or us
- Asking for feedback on how we can improve our website, our communications with you and our Products
- Pooling your Information with that of others to derive business statistics for our internal use and research
- Contacting you directly with information we think you might find interesting or useful about CEA, PIs or our partners or affiliates
- Sharing your Information with third parties for the purposes of analyzing our website usage and providing additional functionality, Products or services
Any and all uses of your Information by CEA and PI will comply with applicable laws. You are under no obligation to provide Information to us. We may offer you the opportunity, from time to time, to opt in or opt out of certain types of communications that may affect the Information we gather.
We have adopted reasonable security measures to protect your Information against loss, misuse, disclosure, destruction and alteration. These measures include firewalls and encryption, internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to our systems. Our employees and staff, as well as our contractors and agents who access Information, are bound by confidentiality obligations. However, we are unable to guarantee that all of these measures will prevent the unauthorized access, inappropriate use or compromise of your Information under all circumstances.
Links to Third Parties
If you would like for us to update, correct, delete or deactivate any Information that you have provided to us, please send your request to us at and we will process your request within a reasonable period after receipt.
General Information/Contact Us
Phone: Toll-free 888.423.2322 /FAX 916.327.8270
Mail: California Earthquake Authority, 801 K Street, Suite 1000, Sacramento, CA 95814